Home :: Minerals ::
Sulfur Minerals Information - Facts, benefits, deficiency disease of Sulfur
Sulfur is essential for healthy hair, skin and nails. It helps maintain oxygen balance necessary for proper brain function. Sulfur is known as a healing mineral. It is believed that sulfur can repair the myelin sheath, the protector on the end of every nerve in the body.
Sulfur works with b complex vitamins for basic body metabolism, and is part of tissue building amino acids.
No RDA has been set, but a diet sufficient in protien will generally be sufficient in Sulfur.
Sulfur Benefits and Uses
- tone up skin and make hair more lustrous
- help fight bacterial infections
- Sulfur is related to the maintenance of hardness with certain amount of elasticity in various tissues of the body, for instance, hair, hoofs, horns, cartilages, nails etc.
- It is a constituent of essential amino acid methionine.
- Taurocholic acid of bile is derived from taurine, which is synthesized from sulfur containing amino acid cystine.
- aid in liver bile secretion
Sulfur food Sources
Lean beef, dried beans, fish, eggs, cabbage.
Sulfur Deficiency Disease
Some important symptoms of sulfur deficiency are:
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Nerve disorders
- Circulatory problems
- Skin disorders
- Dry skin
- Urinary tract disorders
- Free radical damage
- Various muscle and skeletal disorders